Friday, May 31, 2013

As Quickly As It Began



After being required to make some important decisions about my future and my career I have come to the conclusion that I will no longer be able to maintain my blog.  This was a very difficult decision to make and I am going to miss sharing with you.  Of course, I sound like this is a time honored tradition when, in fact, the blog has been up less than a week.  This post is the last to be posted on the blog and it attempts to explain to those who care enough to read it my reasons closing it.  God has an interesting sense of humor since he allowed me to start this venture before allowing conversations that would convince me it was unwise.  It just goes to show that I still have much to learn and will attempt to keep my mind open and listen to the wise council in my life.   

There are many careers that benefit from internet exposure since social media has revolutionized the way many people make money.  That being said, there are just as many careers that consider an internet presence to be a risk.  After speaking with what I consider to be very wise people in careers similar to what I want to do, I have decided that I should heed their wisdom and reduce my internet presence.  The career path that I have committed to in the last few days requires that I pull back and drastically reduce the amount of material I post online.  It also requires that I maintain as little a presence as possible in cyberspace.

I absolutely believe in sharing what I believe to be truth and will do so whenever I am given the opportunity.  However, due to the path I have chosen, the internet can no longer be considered one of those opportunities.  Ultimately I am responsible for providing for my future family and any threat to my ability to fulfill that role must be considered very seriously.  It is an unfortunate reality that what I do online now can negatively affect, if not destroy, my career later on.  Internet activity in the context of the field I have chosen cannot be considered anything but a risk to my career and future.   

I am personal friends with my readers and look forward to continuing conversations through email and personal interactions.  I believe that while we are called to share the truth, we are always required to use good judgment when doing so.  Furthermore, the internet is not the only way to share the truth.  After analyzing the risks, I have determined that it would be unwise to continue to use this medium. 

Thank you all for the support you provided during the creation of the blog and for those who encourage me every day to live for truth. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, as much as I can see why you would do this and can see why closing would be better, I am very sorry to see you go! You were doing a GREAT job with your articles and I was really enjoying them! :)

    Goodbye! And maybe someday you can come back.....you never know what the future holds.... :)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete